Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The return

When you last heard from me, I was leaving London for Germany, Spain, and home. My time in London was quick and full of adventures, misadventures, and some depression, if I'm honest. However, the long-term results of the trip were fantastic, and the year and a half since my return to Missouri have probably been the most spectacular of my oh-so-short life so far. Suffice it to say, being an English major was bliss, despite the occasional stress storm, and I now have a BA in English with honors. (Sorry, I'm very proud of myself for that.)

Graduation inevitably brings change. For me, it also meant making difficult decisions about where I would spend the next year before I go to grad school in 2009. I really wanted to spend time abroad, and I thought going back to England would be amazing. So I applied for jobs at libraries, and even got interviewed by the Bodleian! Unfortunately, I didn't get the job, so it was back to Google for ways to get abroad. I got thisclose to moving to Germany before an opportunity to move to Cheltenham, England arrived.

So the short version is, I will be moving to England in the middle of August, spending a year there as an au pair. I have no idea what consequences will emerge from this, but am quite excited to find out. I'd like to invite all of you to join me on this second adventure through an antique land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!