Friday, August 18, 2006

Things are pulling together disturbingly well right now. I wonder when the bottom will fall out ... but I intend to enjoy the time before it does. I think I found a place to live. I just have to decide if I think it's safe to say I'm going to rent a room before I see it or meet the people renting it to me. We've been e-mailing, and they seem pleasant, but you can't really tell from an e-mail. Rent's relatively cheap; as far as I can tell the house is within walking distance of campus. (I don't have an exact address, so I'm not 100% sure.)

I also finally received my orientation packet, and devoured it within 20 minutes or so. I was very excited to get it. It's so much fun to read something about London and think, I'm going to be there in 29 days! By far one of the coolest feelings in the world. Of course, there's still plenty of apprehension.A completely new place, where I don't know anyone and I'm the international student. It should be interesting ...

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Audrey said...

I'm very excited for you. It's funny... I have been in Mexico for two weeks, and I still wake up apprehensive. But you go through the days going, "man, this is crazy, isn't it?" And the days keep going. Enjoy your remaining time in the states, and stay excited. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!