Saturday, August 26, 2006

Quick update on London prep:

* I now have a place to live. I believe it's within walking distance of campus, and it's relatively inexpensive. (Relative to the area, of course; it's still an outrageous amount for me.)

* I finally got my orientation packet a couple of weeks ago. Attached was a schedule of events for international students, including a riverboat cruise on the Thames, a Beatles Magical Mystery tour, and a trip to Oxford. I'm really looking forward to some of the events.

* I'll be in Columbia next weekend, sorting out the switch to English, and talking with the study abroad advisor about last-minute details. Of course, I'll also be going to the Rock and seeing friends.

* Financial matters are finally settling.

* I designed letterhead to use while I'm in London, encountering Illustrator for the first time in the process. I can't wait to send letters out using it.

* 21 days to liftoff.

3 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger GrumpyTeacher1 said...

Woo hoo!

So exciting!

Be careful, though. I hear that English is a really difficult language.

Um...

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Camry said...

yay! i can't wait to see you! and how jealous am i of your magical mystery tour? quite.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Audrey said...

Man, how exciting!

I keep trying to think of advice to give you, now that I'm almost a month into my study abroad... but everything I come up with relates to language problems... and you won't have those.

Just...really take advantage of your time there. I can't believe I'm almost 1/4 of the way through my experience. Live it up, even when it means stepping out of your comfort zone. I'm sure you will.

I'm so glad you're going on this amazing adventure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!