Thursday, September 14, 2006

I leave in 46 hours, and I'm finally excited instead of stressed out. It's about time. I'm also full of questions right now, but I won't waste space by listing them. They'd take up the entire screen, and then some. I can still hardly believe I'm going to London. This is me we're talking about, after all. The girl who refused to talk almost all of last year. The shy girl in the background. The one with a book. This semester is going to force me to change my personality. I'm not sure if I'm ready to, but a big part of me wants to. I've never been good at making friends in short amounts of time, but if I plan to survive in London, I suppose I'll have to. I just pray that when I'm facing the challenge, I don't run away. That's always a really strong temptation for me. It's easy to do it in places I know so well; there's always a safe escape hatch. I'll be locked in now, forced to face all the social horrors I fear so much. It'll be quite an adventure.

2 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

Don't totally change your personality...I love you the way you are. =)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger GrumpyTeacher1 said...

You are up to this. I'm convinced after Wednesday.

Very excited for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!