Monday, September 18, 2006

Hi everyone. I'm in London, safe. Temporarily homeless, but safe. I'm staying at a hotel, and then a hostel, until I can find a real place to call home. This was supposed to be taken care of, but it proved to be a lesson in trusting people. Or rather, why I shouldn't trust people. The short of it is, the guy (who I never e-mailed; I only was in contact with his girlfriend) is a complete jerk who rented the room to someone else and didn't bother to let me know. How I found out is long and complicated, and something I'd rather not think about just yet. Right now I'm sort of floating around Northwest London, which is kind of scary. I've seen enough ads for rooms for let, though, that I think I'll be able to find one in the area I need.

Aside from the fiasco, all's well. The woman I sat next to on the plane helped me find my way to Harrow. Someone there helped me find my way to a hotel. London's gorgeous, especially the suburbs. Everyone's incredibly generous. Once I settle in, I think I'll really like it here.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

Oh, Jennifer, that's terrible! I really hope you find a good place to live. I guess it's better that you're actually there now so that you can look at places before you agree to one.

I'm glad you're safe.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger GrumpyTeacher1 said...

I've been wondering how you were getting on. I'm really sorry about the jerk renting your place out from under you. Be careful, but have fun too.

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yes, it rather puts a damper on my trip. I hate carrying luggage on the tube, but it's easier to do out in the suburbs where I'm studying, and hopefully living. I'll be more careful the next time, and I'm so glad I'll be able to see the rooms and meet the people now. I'm starting my search today. I just need to get enough change for a long pay phone call. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!