Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I'm not homeless anymore!

... and a lousy hostel has been replaced with a nearly ideal situation. It's a small room, but there's plenty of room for me and my things. It has a desk, bed, and wardrobe, and even comes with sheets. The room is bright, with a big window overlooking the backyard (or garden, as they call it), which seems pretty sizable for England. I also have a mini refrigerator and small TV in the room. I have full use of the kitchen, including dishes, cookware, etc. I also get to use a washer. Unfortunately, there's no dryer, but things can dry by themselves. There are plants in the dining room, which is wonderful, because they remind me of home. It's within walking distance of the university, or only one tube station away. It's near the tube station, actually, but not so near that I'll be able to hear it or any other train. It's a quiet, pretty neighborhood. The only flaw is that a guy lives there, too. I can handle that, though; I've been dressing in the bathroom for two years now. I'm so excited! I may start sending mail soon, or you can send me some. :) The address is:

2 Hampton Rise
Harrow, Middlesex
HA3 0SB

I think. I may have to clarify handwriting.

4 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Audrey said...

Wow, that sounds really great! I'm so glad you found a place, especially such a nice one.

I hope classes are off to a good start.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

Hooray!! That sounds lovely. How did you find it? Do you have other roommates, or just the guy? And...the most important question of all...is it a flat? Because I really want to be able to throw around that word in conversation. =)

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger GrumpyTeacher1 said...

Woo hoo!

Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!

(Much relieved)

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Lucindyl said...

:::doing a happy dance:::

This sounds like a wonderful place, Jennifer! Now all you need is a cat. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!