Friday, September 22, 2006

It's the little things that count ...

* The funny thing about prices here is that they have nearly the same numerals as the States would, but everything still costs twice as much. For example, you might see fries at McDonald'd for 99p, but that's $2. Whenever I go shopping, I silently double everything in my head and just sit there in shock for a few moments.

* The water faucets here have separate spouts for hot and cold water, which means that I get scalded, or I freeze.

* This is the first day it's rained since I arrived. By the way, on a random note, New York gets more annual rainfall than London. I guess drizzles don't add up to much. :)

* I have to go back to uni this morning to exchange a couple of classes, because I can't do it online.

* I turned down alcohol for the first time yesterday.

* I wanted to post something funny, but I can't think of anything at the moment. So: "All McDonalds commercials end the same way: "prices and participation may vary." I want to open my own McDonalds and not participate in anything. I want to be a stubborn McDonalds owner. "Cheeseburgers? Nope. We got spaghetti!...And blankets. And we are not affiliated with that clown. He attracts too many children." -- Mitch Hedberg

2 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Lucindyl said...

Oh, I love it! And instead of Happy Meals, you could have Curmudgeon Meals!!

Well, I'd certainly buy them.

You're in our prayers, Jennifer.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Camry said...

just saying hello. glad all is well. i can't wait to hear all of your stories when you get back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!